What does the Board of Directors do?
Click here to link to the Bylaws for the Washington DC Region.
- Establish policies and oversees the implementation for the Region.
- Appoint committees and their chairpersons.
- Elect the Regional Executive and other officers of the Region.
- Manage the finances of the Region and oversee the functions of the Region Administrator (Heidi S. Weir).
- Renew the Region's Charter, run the regional elections and establish the regional dues.
- Promote the Region, both directly and with others, via marketing and outreach events.
responsible to ensure that the region operates within the guidelines
of the SCCA and the laws governing tax exempt organizations.
- Listen to complaints and arbitrate the solutions within the Region.
- Select several of the regional award winners.
- Represent the Region at the divisional and national level.
- Individual members of the Board serve as liaisons between major committees and the BOD.
The BOD meets once a month. (You can find meeting minutes under About Us >> Region Resources) A typical BOD member spends on average 3
hours a week on Region business, but a few spend much more. The pay
for BOD members is a free meal at the monthly meeting. When things go
right, you are invisible. When things go wrong, you are not. The
experience and the friendship of your fellow board members are the
rewards. If you love the sport and respect the club, it is all