Registration for the exciting WDCR Drivers' School at Summit Point Motorsports Park is now open! Online Registration is available thru MotorsportReg.com; live registration link: msreg.com/2017-DS-DCRegion. The Supplemental Regulations are in the Student Packet (see below, required reading for the school).
The 2017 spring Drivers' School will be held at Summit Point on March 17-19.
One weekend prior to the Drivers' School, the Region will be holding a track day, PDX event on the same circuit as the Drivers' School. You can learn the racing line and shake down your car in a friendly non-racing environment. Tech inspection will also be available. You can sign up for Saturday, Sunday, or both days. Won't have your race car available that weekend? Not a problem!! PDX accepts street cars that have been inspected for safe operation! Registration for the PDX will be available soon, please check back for that link.
This school is for competitive, wheel-to-wheel racing. Meanwhile be sure to visit the National SCCA website for the forms you will need and more excellent information:
1) Go Racing!
2) Online copy of the General Competition Rulebook (GCR)
3) Driver's Schools
- Cost of the school will be only $199 if registered by March 13th ($249 after that). Discounts and rebates for additional attendance in DC Region events are also available - check the Supps for details.
- Students will need: SCCA Membership, Novice Permit and Physical Exam. See item #3 above.
- A GCR (General Competition Rulebook) must be read prior to attending the school.
- Regional Novice Permit contact is Beth Mills, PH: 804-798-5536.
- Students must successfully complete just one SCCA accredited school (new as of 2014!) to race in SCCA Club Racing events. The qualifications for converting the provisional license earned at school to a full competition license has been increased from two weekends to three.
- School starts with a mandatory classroom session on Friday evening followed by on-track, wheel-to-wheel practice Saturday and racing Sunday.
- An instructor will be assigned to you for observation and personalized, direct feedback on your driving technique and progress through the school.
- Car must meet the minimum safety requirements per the GCR. Contact the Tech Chief, Steve Spector at 301-606-0687 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Rental race cars are available. See the ads below for rental car info.
- Current holders of SCCA Competition Licenses with previous racing experience must contact the Chief Instructor at email@example.com for details prior to the school.
- For questions not covered here contact the Region Office Administrator, Heidi S. Weir, 301-572-7444 or 800-879-4722.
ONLINE REGISTRATION (ORS)
When you go to register for an event on MotorsportReg (MSR), you will be prompted to either sign in to your existing account or create an account after you get to the second page of the event registration.
You can also update your account or create an account at any time:
Click here if you have an account and want to update it (including your vehicle information). Or sign in to MSR and click on the My Account tab.
Click here if you want to create an account in advance of registering for an event.
Click here to register: msreg.com/2017-DS-DCRegion.
If you need assistance or have any issues logging into or using MSR, contact them at 415.462.5603 (M-F 9-6 Pacific time) or send an email to help@MotorsportReg.com.