Do you like cars? Do you like racing? Do you like People?
If the answer is 'Heck Yeah I do' or even 'sure', then you might be interested in a new volunteer opportunity we are calling the MARRS Outreach Coordinator.
The main function of this position is to coordinate a day at the track with regional car clubs and let them experience the WDCR's Road Racing program from the inside.
We are looking for a self-starter to perform the following tasks at each home MARRS event:
- Contact regional sports car clubs and invite them to an upcoming MARRS race where they will be recognized as the Official Car Club of the MARRS weekend
- Pre-event and onsite coordination with car club representative
- Setup and take down WDCR canopy and signage in the designated reserved parking area outside T8/9 (TBA)
- Be available to provide information and answer questions about all WDCR's programs
- Coordinate parade lap participation with the Dir. of Road Racing and the Pace Car staff during lunch break
- Coordinate with a WDCR representative or member (racer, steward, etc...) to hold a short Q&A session with the guest club members
- An anticipated commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per month and up to 4 hours on the day of the event
- Each event will run from 10 AM - (NLT) 1 PM on the Saturday of each home MARRS weekend at Summit Point
- The volunteer will be provided with program and event information and a snazzy WDCR branded polo
We piloted this program at MARRS 1 with the Mazda Sportscar Club of Washington and it was a great success so if this sounds like something you'd be interested in please contact our Long Term Planning Committee @ email@example.com.